Freefilmers is a cinemovement and NGO from Mariupol, Ukraine.
Our principal goals:
- making films as alert and sensitive to the reality as possible and whose main focus is the human life and struggle for equality and freedom
- promoting independent filmmaking and grassroots initiatives in political arts
- resistance to colonial policies, imperialism, capitalism and patriarchy
- Fundraising campaign to support underground artists in Ukraine suffering during the war.
- Holding solidarity screenings. Feel free to contact Freefilmers if you want to hold a screening of our films in your community.
- Working on Vasyl Lyah’s film “Treasure”.
- Working on Sashko Protyah’s film “The Past Unsimple”.
- Assisting in research and production of Oksana Kazmina’s “Underwater”.
- Creating an antiwar multimedia archive.
- Participation in the 2nd edition of Filma. Feminist Film Festival.
The cinematographic project “Creative East-2” (2019) – three films about Ukrainian working class creative practices:
The Creative East-1 project (2018) – two films about cultural phenomena of East Ukraine.